8 Weeks Fee:
Batch Starting on 20-05-09
Training by a Ph.D with 15 Yrs experience in Pharma & CRO Industry.
(Duration: 4 Weeks)
I. Chemical Bonding and Structure
III. Acids and bases
IV. Introduction to alkenes
V. Addition reactions of alkenes
VI. Introduction to stereochemistry
VII. Cyclic compounds. Stereochemistry of reactions.
VIII. Introduction to alkyl halides, alcohols, ethers, thiols and sulfides
IX. Chemistry of alkyl halides
X. Chemistry of alcohols, glycols and thiols
XI. Chemistry of ethers, epoxides and sulfides
XII. Infrared spectroscopy and mass spectrometry
XIII. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
XIV. Chemistry of alkynes
XV. Dienes, resonance and aromaticity
XVI. Chemistry of benzene and its derivatives
XVII. Allylic and benzylic reactivity
XVIII. Chemistry of aryl halides, vinylic halides and phenols
XIX. Chemistry of aldehydes and ketones
XX. Chemistry of carboxylic acids
XXI. Chemistry of carboxylic acid derivatives
XXII. Chemistry of enolate ions, enols and unsaturated carbonyl compounds
XXIII. Chemistry of amines
XXV. Amino acids
(Duration: 2 Weeks)
Chemically active extraction
Thin layer chromatography
Nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry
Electrophilic aromatic substitution
(Duration: 2 Weeks)
CASE STUDY & TROUBLE SHOOTING IN INDUSTRY
At the end of the course each student should be able to:
1. Discuss the bonding properties of carbon which cause it to be present in such a
large number and variety of important compounds.
2. Appreciate the use of theories (models) of varying complexity to rationalize chemical
structure and reactivity.
3. Explain the relationship between structure and physical and chemical properties
and to make predictions concerning these properties.
4. Explain several ways in which the vast amount of information in the field of organic
chemistry may be organized.
5. Think creatively about synthesis (of ideas as well as compounds).
6. Explain the important role of organic chemistry in life, both biological and economical.
7. Attack problems in a systematic, logical manner.
8. Explain the relationship of chemistry in general and organic in specific to the
rest of science.
Placement Assistance: Throughout India with CRO & Pharma Companies.